1. What is the Thomas O. Daniel Research Incubator and Collaboration Center?
The Thomas O. Daniel Research Incubator and Collaboration Center has 16,000 sq. ft. of shared and fully equipped lab facilities, offices, conference rooms and kitchenette located within the Celgene Summit West Research facility in Summit, New Jersey to create an environment that can help medical innovators accelerate discoveries that may lead to life-enhancing medicines for patients in need.
2. When will the Research Incubator and Collaboration Center open?
We plan to officially open the Incubator in early 2018.
3. Where are we currently located?
The center is located on the Celgene Summit West Research facility in Summit, New Jersey.
4. What type of organizations are eligible to enter?
No limitations to the types of organizations that can apply for space.
5. Does the size and reach of my organization affect my chances of being selected?
6. Will the submissions be available to the public?
All information is to be non-confidential and there are no plans to make this information available to the public.
7. Must my organization have an existing relationship with Celgene to submit an application?
8. When is the application deadline and when will applicants be notified of status?
There is no deadline for application submission. Tentative opening will be 1st Qtr 2018.
9. How many companies have applied and have been accepted?
We are currently accepting applicants and beginning the review process. We will announce the residents in early 2018.
10. How can a company join?
We accept applications from entrepreneurs across all healthcare sectors, including those conducting research in innovative and disruptive technologies.
11. What will the selection criteria be?
The selection criteria will evaluate applications for:
- Compelling and credible science and/or technology
- Area of significant medical or market need
- Developed business plan and management team
12. What is the selection process?
Prospective residents may submit an online application, which will include non-confidential information about your company. The application will be reviewed by an internal Celgene selection committee.
13. Who makes up the Advisory Board?
The Advisory Board, who will advise on best practices, serve as a connection to the NJ bio-ecosystem and as a connection to programs and lectures that we will host in the Incubator, is comprised of:
- Lenzie Harcum, Program Manager, Technology and Life Sciences – NJEDA
- Debbie Hart, Founding President and CEO – BioNJ
- Cathy Scangarella, Senior Vice President – Choose New Jersey, Inc
- Judith Sheft, Associate Vice President, Technology and Enterprise Development – New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Vince Smeraglia, Executive Director, Strategic Alliance – Rutgers University
14. What are the lease terms?
Subject to the terms and conditions of the lease, the lease term will be one year, renewable for up to four additional one-year renewal terms.
15. What makes the Research Incubator and Collaboration Center unique?
The Thomas O. Daniel Research Incubator and Collaboration Center will offer state-of-the-art lab space, resources and support to scientists and start-up companies with transformational approaches to accelerate high-potential medical discoveries and innovations.
16. Who do I contact for further questions about the Thomas O. Daniel Research Incubator and Collaboration Center?
Celgene’s Incubator team can assist you with any further questions you may have. You can submit a question by visiting the Contact us page.